This qualification is assessed through completion of a learner portfolio of evidence which is assessed and internally quality assured by the Centre.
The portfolio of evidence will include learner evidence that demonstrates knowledge, understanding and application of teaching practices (which can involve observational evidence)
It gives learners the opportunity to:
• develop and demonstrate competence as a construction site worker with supervisory responsibilities for a specialist technical activity selected from building and civil engineering, highways and maintenance repair, residential development, conservation, demolition and tunneling
• develop technical skills and knowledge and understanding related to the specified job roles in construction
• have existing skills recognised
• achieve a nationally-recognised Level 4 qualification
• develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning