NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
The Level 5 Diploma is for health and safety practitioners who have the ability and scope to develop, implement, monitor and review policies and procedures in relevant health and safety management matters. The Diploma is designed to assess and verify your health and safety management within the workplace. The learner will report to or be part of the senior management team.
Great news – Successful completion of the ProQual’s Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice is accepted by the Institute of Occupational Health & Safety (IOSH) at a GradIOSH level (Graduate Membership of IOSH).
6 - 12 months
- The Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice is designed specifically for safety professionals who want to attain chartered status of IOSH (CMIOSH) through a practical, evidence-based route as opposed to an academic course. It is intended for those who wish to forge a career in health and safety as advisors, managers or consultants.
The Diploma is a vocational qualification, which allows learners to prove their knowledge and competence using written narrative statements with documented supporting evidence of their practical application of occupational health and safety management techniques.
Units covered by the course:
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Develop and implement the health and safety policy
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Promote a culture of health and safety in the workplace
- Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Identify, assess and control health and safety risks
- Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However candidates must be in a role that allows them to collect evidenc