This course is a general awareness course and is ideal for trades people such as joiners, roofers, demolition workers, plumbers and electricians. It is also useful for people who have responsibilities for the management and upkeep of buildings such as landlords and facilities managers. The course is designed to satisfy the training and awareness requirements of relevant legislation and regulations including The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and the Health and Safety at Work Act 1971.
On completion of the course candidates should have a basic understanding of:
- Introduction to asbestos - nature and origin, properties and benefits
- Types of asbestos and their identification
- Regulations relevant to work which is likely to disturb asbestos in a building or site
- Current health and safety legislation and guidance
- Emergency action if exposure is suspected
- This course can be used by people working in high risk environments as a general introduction alongside suitable supplementary, hazards specific training.