Fire Safety Hints and Tips
The prevention of fires and fire safety has in recent decades become much better practiced with fewer workplace fires than ever in the modern era. However, complacency must not creep in. Here are some quick tips on basic fire safety:
- Give fire prevention as much emphasis as fire reaction – fire alarms are a must but better not to have the fire in the first place
- The fire triangle (oxygen, fuel and heat) is a simple thing – oxygen is a given so fire prevention is all about keeping fuel and heat apart
- Stick to the basics of fire prevention – good housekeeping, appropriate storage, manage and control heat sources and don’t take your eye off the ball
- Regularly check all your fire reaction equipment – clear passageways, fire extinguishers in place for example – don’t assume it will always be there - check!
- Train everybody on what to do if the fire alarm goes off and make it clear who is in charge of an evacuation For further information and to book yourself on a course